Friday, December 01, 2006

SG Magazines.

SG Magazines?

Not for me. Someway or other, Sg Mags like '8days' or 'I weekly' and many others don't really catch my eye. I usually make do with some sports mags or news. BoRinG.

Got my hands on some Taiwan and HK Mags, and felt my life brighten up. Haha. Blame it on my in quisitive nature or my love for great pictures, i just love the stuff in these magazines.

Juicy Gossips and 'realistic' rumors fill pages after pages but the more factual stuff about what the artistes are currently involved in are hidden in that colourful bunch of papers too. Although these gossips and rumours (or fei wen) are our general favourites, there are a lot of awfully nice pictures that capture our attention.

Besides the typical 'paparazi' pictures of artistes in secret (or Now not-so-secret) relationships, there are other nice articles with pictures of food, scenery, clothes and whatever the article is about.

Close-ups of all pictures, even those of advertisements are perfect. And you know, advertisements always seem to be an eyesore to me when i browse mags but the advertisements in hk, tw mags are so well designed and colourful that I became attentive at the products they are advertising. LOL. Be it some healthcare products, handphones or products to beautify our already beautiful pets. (p.s. love this picture of this dog sticking out its pink tongue)

So, SG Magazines should buck up and improve? or are we constrained by budgets and profits? Well, we need more people to advertise in magazines and we NEED these advertisements to be made cheaper. C-h-e-a-p-e-r. Things are really getting expensive these days, not to mention the soon-to-be implemented 7% GST. Dear Gahmen, pls help people like me tide over these tough changes...

Back to the point, hk and tw mags are really gd, for those who love mags, or to those who don't, jsut grab one and read. You'd like it. (oh, they are in chinese, so potato-eaters, my humble apologies. =D)

Too bad my scanner is unfixed with the recent massive overhaul of my room, or I'd upload some really good pictures. Stay Tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home